Friday, April 2, 2010

Links

here are my 4 links for project #3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dentist
This link is from wikipedia, as you can see. I liked this website because it has many different topics to read about. It has some important stuff like the history of dentistry. How times have changed from long ago and the new technology today. Also it has the education and licensing of becoming a dentist in the United States.

http://blogs.payscale.com/salarystories/2007/11/sample-of-denta.html
alright this is my link for a blog about dental assistant facts and information like whats the difference between assistant and hygienist, salary costs, education, steps on what to do, job description etc. I picked this blog because of two reasons, one it was the only one that seems really informational than the others i found that was just trying to get people to make a appointment. the other reason was I'm not exactly sure what kind of dentist i want to be. there is a lot to chose from dental assistant, dental hygienist, surgeon, dentist, pediatrician (work with kids and baby mouths) there is probably even more. so I'm leaning on dental assistant and just dentist. so this information looks legitimate

http://proquest.umi.com.proxy.yc.edu/pqdweb?index=13&did=1637138461&SrchMode=1&sid=7&Fmt=3&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=PQD&TS=1270244463&clientId=1407
wow this one is a long link. I got this on proquest. the publisher name was Career World. which seems to be maybe a magazine or article. and this mostly gave me the same kind of information as the other ones has but this actually tell about the stress level and the reward level of the job. which is interesting because this is the first website to tell me about the kinds of stress the job may carry, but very rewarding. To me its like personal advise from someone who is in the job or training to be one. not just facts and statistics

http://www.ada.org/
last but not least my professional organization which of course is the American Dental Association. this link is just to the home page but i could click and find multiple things like professional resources, public resources, education and career, science and research, Advocacy and more. this website will probably help me the most because i figure that the ADA will know the most facts and statistics on becoming a dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment